Ghost guessed : presagio / Tom Griggs, Paul Kwiatkowski ; translation to Spanish = traducción al español, Amanda Sucar Warrener.
- Standardized Title:
- Photographs. Selections
- Other Title:
- [Medellín, Colombia] : Mesaestándar, 
145 pages, 11 unnumbered pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits ; 22 cm
- Griggs, Tom.
Aircraft accidents -- Pictorial works.
- Parallel texts in English and Spanish.
- Ghost Guessed by photographers Tom Griggs and Paul Kwiatkowski is a photobook and autobiographically inspired novella set in the years between the disappearance of Tom Griggs's cousin in a plane over central Minnesota in 2009 and the subsequent vanishing of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 five years later. Photographers Tom Griggs and Paul Kwiatkowski barely knew each other when they began the project. Their conversations about photography and their personal experiences during the years covered in the book set them off on a collaborative work that represents the intersection of their life narratives. "On November 13, 2009, Andrew Lindberg, a young pilot, departed from the Twin Cities to meet his father for a hunting trip in northern Minnesota. He never arrived; a few days later, Lindberg's plane was located deep within the wilderness of the White Earth Indian Reservation. In Ghost Guessed Tom Griggs and Paul Kwiatkowski examine how absences caused by death make memories, no matter how abstract, more salient and complex. A combination of intimate prose and photographs brings into focus our human connections as filtered through technology and visual media. From Lindberg's accident to the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, Ghost Guessed reflects on how we process loss as it plays out in the ongoing digitalization of our lives"--Verso cover.
- Desaparecer = Vanish
Buscar = Search
Volver = Return.
- Limited edition of 500 copies.
- Sucar Warrener, Amanda, translator.
- Kwiatkowski, Paul. Photographs. Selections.
Griggs, Tom. Ghost guessed.
Griggs, Tom. Ghost guessed. Spanish.
Kwiatkowski, Paul. Ghost guessed.
Kwiatkowski, Paul. Ghost guessed. Spanish.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|