Temporomandibular Joint and Airway Disorders [electronic resource] : A Translational Perspective / edited by G. Gary Demerjian, André Barkhordarian, Francesco Chiappelli.
- 1st ed. 2018.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Medicine (Springer-11650)
1 online resource (XV, 260 pages) : 85 illustrations, 78 illustrations in color.
- Local subjects:
- Dentistry. (search)
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book on the local and systemic manifestations and correlates of temporomandibular joint disorders (TMDs) encompasses the two intertwined facets of translational science - translational research and translational effectiveness - as they relate specifically to TMDs. The first part of the book, on recent translational research, focuses on topics such as the neuroanatomy and neurophysiology of the trigeminal nerve and trigeminal network system, the manifestations of neuroinflammation in TMDs, and the molecular mechanisms underlying TMDs. The second part discusses the clinical effectiveness of treatment approaches from the perspective of evidence-based dentistry, with careful attention to the critical relationships between dental malocclusions, the signs and symptoms of TMDs, and airway/breathing disorders. Interventions to correct for malocclusal conditions that lead to TMDs are examined, with explanation of the ways in which they can ameliorate a variety of local and systemic symptoms. This will be an excellent reference book for established practitioners, residents, interns, and students as well as a powerful cutting-edge document for researchers in the field. .
- 1. Neuroanatomy of the Trigeminal Nerve and Proximal Innervations of the Temporomandibular Joint
2. Neuroanatomy and Neurophysiology of the Trigeminal Network System
3. Neuroimmune and Systemic Manifestations of Neuroinflammation in the Temporomandibular Joint and Related Disorders
4. Lubricin: Toward a Molecular Mechanism for Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
5. Head and Neck Manifestations of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
6. Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction, Trigeminal Nerve Inflammation, and Biomechanical Dental Treatments for the Suppression of Neurological and Neuropsychiatric Symptoms
7. Relationship of Temporomandibular Joint, Orofacial Pain and Sleep Apnea
8. Immunologic and Physiologic Effects of Dental Sleep Appliance Therapy
9. AIRWAY-kening™ Orthodontic/Orthopedic Development - A Correlation of Facial Balance, TMD and Airway for All Ages
10. CBCT and MRI of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders and Related Structures
11. Patient-centered Outcomes Research and Collaborative Evidence-based Medical and Dental Practice for Patients with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
12. Future of Translational Care for Patients with Temporomandibular Joint Disorders.
- Demerjian, G. Gary, editor., Editor,
Barkhordarian, André, editor., Editor,
Chiappelli, Francesco, editor., Editor,
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-76367-5 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|