The role of religion in public policy / Eamon Doyle, book editor.
- First edition.
- New York, NY : Greenhaven Publishing, LLC,  , ©2019
- At issue. Religion
At issue. Religion
128 pages ; 23 cm.
- Church and state -- United States.
Christianity and politics -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government.
Religion and state -- United States.
Religion and politics -- United States.
Christianity and politics.
Church and state.
Politics and government.
Religion and politics.
Religion and state.
- One of the fundamental rights granted in the United States is religious freedom, but does this mean that religion should be entirely removed from politics or that all religious voices should be considered equally? The separation of church and state was established in the Constitution, but the fact that as of 2015, 84 percent of Americans hold some sort of religious belief means that this is easier said than done. Religious morality frequently colors debates surrounding various policy issues, ranging from reproductive rights to education. This volume exposes readers to the ways in which religion inflects policymaking and the varying perspectives about religion's role in politics.
- Separation of church and state / D. James Kennedy
Faith, Democratic politics, and the secular age / Anthony Egan
Religion and Martin Luther King Jr.'s civil rights advocacy / Micheal Curtotti
The Social Gospel Movement and the Religious Left / Christopher H. Evans
Catholicism and the Tea Party / John Gehring
Not all scientists are athiests / Amy McCaig
Topeka and the Westboro Baptist Church / Southern Poverty Law Center
Supreme Court rules in favor of Westboro Baptist Church / Nina totenberg
The social and legal dimensions of the US evolutuon debate / David Masci
Catholicism and politics in the modern era / The Pontifical Academy of Social Science
American attitudes on religion in the public schools / Pew Research Center
President Bush's faith-based initiative / Joseph Loconte
It's time to separate church and state marriages / Bryan Cones
The Christian right and tne new right / USHistory.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 122-125) and index.
- Doyle, Eamon, 1988- editor.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|