Celebrating the poetry of Mary Webb / [compiled by Mary and Bruce Crawford.].
- Standardized Title:
- Poems. Selections
- Other Title:
- Mary Webb poems
- New York : The Grolier Club, 2010, 2009. , ©2009
45 pages ; 23 cm
- Webb, Mary, 1881-1927 -- Exhibitions.
Webb, Mary, 1881-1927.
- Exhibition catalogs.
Private press books (Printing)
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Baskerville.
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Bulmer.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City).
- "Mary Webb's poetry highlights her extraordinary power as an observer of the English countryside. Webb shares her feelings of physical and spiritual ecstasy in her poems, and brings her readers closer to the experience of living in intimate sympathy with nature. Possessing hyper-acute senses, she simply saw, smelled, and heard Shropshire with a sharpness and clarity that others did not. Webb's exceptional power of observation was in no way limited to the world of nature. As a champion of the underdog and the non-conformist, her poems also explore the difficult subjects of loneliness, human transience, and impending death."--MaryWebb.org.
- "The Grolier Club. January 19, 2010."--title page.
"©2009 Mary E. Crawford and Bruce Jay Crawford"--verso of title page.
"One thousand copies have been printed for distribution as a keepsake to members of the Grolier Club to accompany the January 2010 Grolier Club Poetry Reading and Members' Exhibition, Mary Webb: Neglected Genius, held January 28-March 13, 2010. Of these, thirty-five deluxe numbered copies have been printed for participants in the annual Grolier Club Poetry Reading held on January 19, 2010. Printed from Baskerville and Bulmer types. Design by Jerry Kelly."--Colophon.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy has letter from Grolier Club and photograph of Webb laid in.
Kislak Center Vilain-Wieck Collection of Private Presses copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Vilain, Jean-François, 1942- (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
Wieck, Roger S. (donor) (Vilain-Wieck Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Crawford, Mary E., compiler.
Crawford, Bruce J., compiler.
Kelly, Jerry, 1955- book designer.
Grolier Club, publisher, host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|