Cooking with grease : stirring the pots in American politics / Donna Brazile.
- First Simon & Shuster paperback edition
- New York : Simon & Schuster Paperbacks, 2005.
x, 352,  pages,  pages of unnumbered plates : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- Brazile, Donna, 1959-
Gore, Al, 1948- -- Friends and associates.
Brazile, Donna, 1959-
Gore, Al, 1948-
Political consultants -- United States -- Biography.
African American political consultants -- Biography.
Women political consultants -- United States -- Biography.
Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 2000.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1993-2001.
United States -- Politics and government -- 1989-
New Orleans (La.) -- Biography.
African American political consultants.
Politics and government
Presidents -- Election.
Women political consultants.
Louisiana -- New Orleans.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- An account of the author's political and personal life describes her childhood in New Orleans and her role as the first African American woman to head a major presidential campaign.
Jean's kitchen: finding the right pot
Red beans and rice
The melting pot
Brown gravy (roux)
Stuffed po' boys
Creole shrimp bisque
Cochon de lait (Roast suckling pig)
Café du monde: coffee and beignets
Epilogue: Electoral Gumbo- new recipe for victory
Afterword: Pickled okra
Jean's seafood gumbo.
- "Designed by Elliott Beard."
"With a new afterword"--Cover.
"Cover design by David Ter-Avanesyan. Cover photography © Carol T. Powers/The New York Times."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|