A primer on minority serving institutions / edited by Andrés Castro Samayoa and Marybeth Gasman.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
vii, 93 pages ; 23 cm
- Minorities -- Education (Higher) -- United States.
Minority college students -- United States.
African American universities and colleges.
Indian universities and colleges -- United States.
Indian universities and colleges.
Minorities -- Education (Higher)
Minority college students.
- "Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs)--specifically Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), Hispanic Serving Institutions (HSIs) and Asian American, Native Alaskan, Pacific Islander Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs) -- have carved out a unique niche in the nation, serving the needs of low-income, underrepresented students of color. Covering foundational topics relating to MSIs, chapter authors explore how salient issues across the landscape of higher education play out within the MSI context. Undergirded by national data and key literature, A Primer on Minority Serving Institutions provides graduate students, scholars, and researchers a full picture of the work and contributions of Minority Serving Institutions and urges them to think about MSIs as part of the larger higher education landscape"-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction / Andrés Castro Samayoa and Marybeth Gasman
State and federal policy / William Casey Boland
Faculty diversity / Paola Lola Esmieu
Curriculum and outcomes / Andrew Martinez
Assessment and accountability / Daniel Blake
Servant and transformational leadership / Amanda Washington Lockett and Robert T. Palmer
Politics and activism / Andrés Castro Samayoa and Daniel Blake
MSIS around the world / Tyler Hallmark.
- "Routledge Focus"
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Samayoa, Andrés Castro, editor.
Gasman, Marybeth, editor.
- Other format:
- ebook version :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|