The economic thought of Michael Polanyi / Gábor Giró.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020. , ©2020
- Routledge studies in the history of economics; 222.
Routledge studies in the history of economics ; 222
ix, 178 pages ; 25 cm.
- Polanyi, Michael, 1891-1976.
Economists -- Europe -- Biography.
Economic history -- 20th century.
Polanyi, Michael, 1891-1976.
- "Michael Polanyi is most famous for his work in chemistry and the philosophy of science, but in the 1930s and 1940s he made an important contribution to economics. Drawing on rich archival materials of Polanyi and his correspondents, Gábor Biró explores their competing worldviews and their struggles to popularise their visions of the economy, economic expertise and democracy. Special focus is given to Polanyi's pioneering economics film and postmodern ideas. This volume will be of interest to advanced students and researchers of the history of economics, philosophy of science, and science and technology studies"-- Provided by publisher.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|