The Walking Dead psychology : psych of the living dead / edited by Travis Langley.
- Other Title:
- Psych of the living dead
- New York : Sterling, 
xviii, 286 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Kirkman, Robert. Walking dead.
Walking dead (Television program).
Walking dead (Kirkman, Robert).
Zombies in literature.
Zombie television programs -- History and criticism.
Zombie television programs.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "The Walking Dead" depicts a post apocalyptic world filled with relentless violence and death. How would such trauma affect the psyche? Nineteen fascinating essays explore the deep psychological forces that drive the show's action, from the costs of killing and survivor guilt to the consequences of nonstop stress and the struggle to find meaning in tragedy. "The Walking Dead Psychology "helps fans better grasp this compelling fictional universe. Contributors include: John Blanchar, Megan Blink, Colt J. Blunt, Josue Cardona, Adam Davis, William Blake Erickson, Frank Gaskill, Jennifer Golbeck, Jonathan Hetterly, Katrina Hill, Alan Kistler, Dana Klisanin, Stephen Kuniak, Martin Lloyd, Stephanie Norman, Patrick O'Connor, Katherine Ramsland, Clay Routledge, John Russo, Billy San Juan, Janina Scarlet, Steven Schlozman, Lara Taylor, Dave Vergaagen, Mara Wood, E. Paul Zehr.
- How I learned to stop worrying and love the zombie apocalypse / Frank Gaskill
The seductive nostalgia of The walking dead / Steven C. Schlozman
Inside the head of the walking dead : the neurobiology of walker dysfunction disorder / E. Paul Zehr and Stephanie Norman
Masculinity narratives in the post-apocalypse / Alan Kistler and Billy San Juan
Shock and dread : what fear does to humans / Dave Verhaggen
The psychological process and the cost of killing in an undead wasteland / Colt J. Blunt
Diversity and strength in zombie apocalypse Atlanta / Josué Cardona and Lara Taylor
Who needs an untrustworthy doctor? : Maslow's hierarchy of needs / Jennifer Golbeck
Walker or biter? : group identity in a grave new world / Katherine Ramsland
Apocalyptic stress : causes and consequences of stress at the end of the world / William Blake Erickson and John Blanchar
It's the humans you have to worry about : becoming a sociopath / Martin Lloyd
Carl Grimes and neglected youth / Patrick O'Connor
"It should have been me" : survivors' guilt in The walking dead / Mara Wood
The walking traumatized / Janina Scarlet
Eros, thanatos, and an armory of defense mechanisms : Sigmund Freud in the land of the dead / Travis Langley
"Everybody knows their jobs" : roles, systems, and the survivor group in your head / Adam Davis
What would you do? : finding meaning in tragic circumstances : a bite-sized intro to existential psychology / Dana Klisanin
Hillbilly to hero : the transformation of Daryl Dixon / Stephen Kuniak and Megan Blink
Finding your purpose in the zombie apocalypse / Clay Routledge.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Langley, Travis, 1964- editor.
Russo, John, 1939- writer of foreword.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|