Black women and liberation movements / Virginia A. Blandford, editor.
- Washington, D.C. : The Institute for the Arts and the Humanities, Howard University, 1981.
- A publication of the Institute for the Arts and the Humanities of Howard University.
, x, , 147,  pages : portraits ; 28 cm
- Women -- Social conditions.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington (D.C.)
- Introduction / Margaret Walker Alexander
Black Women and Liberation Movements. The Civil Rights Movement: An Historical Framework / by Niani Kilkenny; My Black Mothers and Sisters ... / by Bernice Reagon; SNCC and the Civil Rights Movement: Developing Ideologies / by Fran Beal; Question and Answer Session: Women and the Black Liberation Struggle
Black Women and International Liberation Movements. Introductory Remarks / by Sylvia Hill Moderator; The Role of Women in the Zimbabwean Liberation Struggle / by Joyce Kangai; Black Women in the Liberation Struggle of Cuba / by Lourdes Casal; Question and Answer Session: Black Women and International Liberation Movements
Black Women and the Women's Movement: An Overview / by Loretta Hobbs-Taylor Panel Moderator; A Lesbian/Feminist Perspective / by Michelle Parkerson; Their involvement and Non-Involvement / by Rosemari Mealy; Question and Answer Session: Black Women and the Women's Movement.
- "Cover design and photographs by Roland L. Freeman."
"This collection of statements represents the proceedings of a program produced at the Institute for the Arts and Humanities to focus attention on 'Black Women and Liberation Movements.'"--Foreword.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Blandford, Virginia A., editor.
Walker, Mary Alexander, writer of introduction.
Freeman, Roland L., 1936- cover designer, photographer.
Howard University. Institute for the Arts and the Humanities.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- Other format:
- Online version: Black women and liberation movements.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|