Back to natural / directed by Gillian Scott-Ward, Ph.D. ; produced by Gillian Scott-Ward, Ph.D., Dominic Ward ; executive producer, Marquis Smalls.
- Other Title:
- Subtitle from container: Historical look at the global policing of Black bodies
- Holland, Ohio : Dreamscape Media,  , ©2019
1 videodisc (65 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
color black and white
- Hairdressing of African Americans -- Political aspects.
Hairdressing of Blacks -- Political aspects.
African American women -- Race identity.
African American women -- Attitudes.
African American women -- Psychology.
African American women -- Social life and customs.
Women, Black -- Race identity.
Women, Black -- Attitudes.
Women, Black -- Psychology.
Women, Black -- Social life and customs.
Feminine beauty (Aesthetics) -- Social aspects.
Feminine beauty (Aesthetics) -- Political aspects.
- Nonfiction films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English; optional subtitles in French.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, all regions; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
- Documentary film that reveals the shocking truth about hair, politics, and racial identity in Black communities and beyond. Directed by New York City based clinical psychologist Gillian Scott-Ward, the film was inspired by the work she was doing in her clinical practice and her own drive to go natural. Back to Natural is a powerful call for healing that takes a grassroots approach to exploring the globalized policing of natural Black hair. Filmed in New York City, Philadelphia, Paris, And Cape Town, this documentary explores universal aspects of the Black experience and the "new" natural hair movement.
- Interviewees: Tai Applewhite, Hameen Barnes, Kelly Bois, Amanda Cooke, Diane Da Costa [and many others].
- Editors, Gillian Scott-Ward, Ph.D, Jacopo Francia; director of photography, Gillian Scott-Ward, Ph.D.
- This disc is a burned DVD-R and may not play in some DVD players or drives.
- Scott-Ward, Gillian (Clinical psychologist) film director, film producer, editor of moving image work; cinematographer.
Ward, Dominic (Investment advisor), film producer.
Dreamscape Media, publisher.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|