Last harvest / a film by Hui Wang.
- [Canada] : Redbean Productions : Cat & Docs, 2015.
1 streaming video file (1 hr., 18 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Farmers -- China.
Forced migration -- China.
Relocation (Housing) -- China.
Migration, Internal -- China.
Water diversion -- China.
Water transfer -- China.
- Feature films.
- In Chinese with English subtitles.
- System Details:
streaming video file
- Following the remarkable journey of Mr. and Mrs. Xu, an elderly Chinese farming couple, on a forced relocation by the government's mammoth South-to-North Water Diversion Project. Lyrical and intimate, the film brings us into the life of two compelling peasants facing major disruption late in life. It continues the story where other documentaries left off--after the people have been relocated and have to re-build their lives, and offers a direct experience of the collision between traditional culture and modernization, through which we see the imminent extinction of Old China as New China emerge.
- Hui Wang, director, producer, cinematographer, editor ; Jun Zhang, producer ; Jeremy Edwardes, music.
- Description from landing page (Film Platform, viewed November 16, 2016).
52 minute "short version" also available.
- Wang, Hui, film director, film producer, director of photography, editor of moving image work.
Zhang, Jun, film producer.
Edwardes, Jeremy, composer.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|