Tom's midnight garden : a graphic adaptation of the Philippa Pearce classic / by Edith.
- Standardized Title:
- Jardin de minuit. English
- First edition.
- New York : Greenwillow Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 2018.
- Tom's midnight garden
94 pages : chiefly color illustrations ; 28 cm.
- Space and time -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Gardens -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Country homes -- England -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Time reversal -- Comic books, strips, etc.
Friendship in children -- Comic books, strips, etc.
- Childrens subjects:
- Space and time -- Fiction.
Gardens -- Fiction.
Country homes -- England -- Fiction.
Time reversal -- Fiction.
Friendship -- Fiction.
- Graphic novels.
Graphic novel adaptations.
Comics (Graphic works)
Graphic novels, Juvenile.
- Translated from the French.
- Renowned graphic novel artist, Edith, has created an enchanting version of the classic Tom's Midnight Garden. Tom thought a summer spent with his aunt and uncle in the country would be boring. But when their landlady's ancient grandfather clock strikes thirteen times. Tom is transported back in time to a beautiful garden, where he meets a young girl named Hatty. Tom and Hatty's time in the garden is almost too good to be true--full of adventure, mystery, magic, and boundless fun. And as the summer draws to a close, Tom desperately searches for a way to stay in the garden with Hatty forever.
A beautiful adaptation of the classic novel. This is a new and special way to read and share one of the best-loved and most enduring children's stories of all time. A story with a special place in the hearts of grandparents, parents, and children everywhere, this wonderful graphic novel adaptation is faithful, accessible, and stunningly illustrated.
- Originally published in English in Great Britain in 2016 by Oxford University Press.
Freely adapted from Tom's Midnight Garden by Philippa Pearce, ©1958 by Oxford University Press.
Translation of front and end matter by Helen Johnson. Translation of graphic novel by Liz Cross.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|