Challenging democracy in early childhood education : engagement in changing global contexts / editors Valerie Margrain, Annica Löfdahl Hultman.
- Singapore : Springer,  , ©2019
- International perspectives on early childhood education and development; 28.
International perspectives on early childhood education and development ; 28
xxi, 274 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Early childhood education.
Democracy -- Study and teaching (Early childhood)
- This book explores how concepts and values of contemporary democracy are variously understood and applied in diverse cultural contexts, with a focus on children and childhood and diversity. Drawing on a range of methodological approaches relevant to early childhood education, it discusses young children's engagement and voice. The book identifies existing practices, strengths, theories and considerations in democracy in early childhood education and childhood, highlighting the democratic participation of children in cultural contexts. Further, it illustrates how democracy can be evident in early childhood practices and interactions across a range of curriculum contexts and perspectives, and considers ways of advancing and sustaining practices with positive transformational opportunities to benefit children and wider ecological systems. It offers readers insights into what democracy and citizenship look like in lived experience, and the issues affecting practice and encouraging reflection and advocacy.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Margrain, Valerie, 1966- editor.
Hultman, Annica Löfdahl, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|