Weapon of war : confessions of rape in Congo / a film by Ilse & Femke van Velzen.
- Other Title:
- Confessions of rape in Congo
- [Lorraine, Québec] : Films Transit, 2009.
1 streaming video file (59 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Rape as a weapon of war -- Congo (Democratic Republic).
Rape -- Congo (Democratic Republic).
Sex crimes -- Congo (Democratic Republic).
Women -- Crimes against -- Congo (Democratic Republic).
- Documentary films.
- In English, French, and Swahili with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
streaming video file
- In WEAPON OF WAR military perpetrators unveil the hidden motives and strategies of rape as a war crime. In the Democratic Republic of Congo possibly hundreds of thousands of women and girls were brutally raped. An ex-rebel explains how he raped. Like for many, starting a normal life again is a struggle filled with trauma. In an attempt to reconcile with his past, he meets one of his victims. Captain Basima is working as a priest in Congo's army and confronts perpetrators of rape. He urges them to change. Just like he did.
- Femke van Velzen, Ilse van Velzen, directors, producers ; Bram van Spengen, cinematographer ; Paul de Heer, editor.
- Description from landing page (Film Platform, viewed April 26, 2016).
- Velzen, Femke van, 1980- director, film producer.
Velzen, Ilse van, 1980- director, film producer.
Sprengen, Bram van, director of photography.
Heer, Paul de, editor of moving image work.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|