How to survive a plague / Public Square Films presents a France/Tomchin film ; in association with Ford Foundation/Justfilms, Impact Partners and Little Punk ; directed by David France ; written by David France, T. Woody Richman, Tyler H. Walk ; produced by Howard Gertler, David France ; executive producer, Joy Tomchin, Dan Cogan.
- Other records:
- [Sausalito, California] : Ro*co Films, 2012.
1 streaming video file (110 min.) : digital, sound, color
- AIDS activists -- United States.
ACT UP (Organization)
AIDS (Disease) -- Research.
AIDS (Disease) -- Political aspects.
AIDS (Disease) -- Treatment.
- Medical subjects:
- ACT UP (Organization)
Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome -- United States -- history.
Organizations -- United States -- history.
Dissent and Disputes -- United States -- history.
Health Policy -- United States -- history.
Politics -- United States.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Documentary -- Feature.
- System Details:
streaming video file
- The story of the brave young men and women who successfully reversed the tide of an epidemic, demanded the attention of a fearful nation, and stopped AIDS from becoming a death sentence. This improbable group of activists bucked oppression and infiltrated government agencies and the pharmaceutical industry, helping to identify promising new medication and treatments and move them through trials and into drugstores in record time.
- 1. Opening credits
2. Quiet kiss-in
3. Successful love affair
4. Drugs for sale
5. Plan of action
6. Spreading lies
7. Similar motivations
8. Dragging their feet
9. Separate organizations
10. Behavior matters
12. Ending credits.
- Featuring Peter Staley, Mark Harrington, Derek Link, Garance Franke-Ruta, Jim Eigo, Gregg Bordowitz, David Barr, Spencer Cox, Gregg Gonsalves, Ann Northrop, Bill Bahlman, Larry Kramer, Ellen Cooper, Iris Long.
- Edited by T. Woody Richman, Tyler H. Walk ; director of photography, Derek Wiesehahn ; original score by Stuart Bogie & Luke O'Malley ; featuring the songs of Arthur Russell.
- Description from landing page (Film Platform, viewed February 3, 2016).
Originally produced in 2012.
WINNER: New York Film Critics Circle Awards, Best First Film -- WINNER: Gotham Awards, Best Documentary -- WINNER: Boston Film Critics/Boston Online Film Critics/Central Ohio Film Critics Association, Best Documentary -- WINNER: Ida Documentary Awards, Jacqueline Donnet Emerging Film Maker Award -- NOMINEE: Film Independent Spirit Awards, Best Documentary
- France, David, 1959- screenwriter, director, producer.
Richman, T. Woody, screenwriter, editor of moving image work.
Walk, Tyler H., screenwriter, editor of moving image work.
Gertler, Howard, producer.
Tomchin, Joy, producer.
Cogan, Dan, producer.
Staley, Peter, interviewee.
Bordowitz, Gregg, interviewee.
Barr, David, interviewee.
Gonsalves, Gregg, interviewee.
Kramer, Larry, interviewee.
Wiesehahn, Derek, director of photography.
Bogie, Stuart, composer (expression)
O'Malley, L. (Luke), composer (expression)
Russell, Arthur, composer (expression)
Public Square Films.
Impact Partners (Firm)
Little Punk (Firm)
Sundance Selects (Firm)
- Other format:
- DVD version: How to survive a plague.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|