Ford transit / a Augustus Film & VPRO TV presenteren een film van Hany Abu-Assad ; producer, Bero Boyer ; director, Hany Abu-Assad.
- Netherlands : Augustus Film, 2002.
1 streaming video file (80 min.) : digital, sound, color
- Palestinian Arabs -- Jerusalem.
Palestinian Arabs -- West Bank.
Documentary films -- Israel.
Documentary films -- Palestine.
- Documentary films.
- Arabic and Hebrew, with English subtitles; some credits in Dutch.
- System Details:
streaming video file
- The life of young Rajai, a Palestinian taxi-van driver who struggles on a daily basis to get passed roadblocks and barriers, over detours and shortcuts from East Jerusalem to Ramallah and back again transporting passengers for three shekels a trip. His point of view on the Intifadah, the occupation, suicide attacks and life in general is mirrored by that of his passengers, ordinary people but also by politicians and other prominent Palestinians. A humorous look into the day-to-day lives of the Palestinians under Israeli occupation as it is seen, lived and witnessed through the windows, and on the seats of a Ford Transit (the main public transportation in the occupied West Bank). An entertaining film about a people enduring occupation for more than 30 years - introducing the out of the ordinary point of view of the ordinary people. Mixing fiction with documentary, the film melds music, humour and anger into a high-spirited critique of an infamous crisis.
- Rajai Khatib and family, Hanan Ashrawi, B.Z. Goldberg.
- Description from landing page (Film Platform, viewed October 2, 2015).
- Abu-Assad, Hany.
Goldberg, B. Z. (Ben Zion), 1963-
Augustus Film (Firm)
- Other format:
- DVD version: Ford transit.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|