When we were kings / a film by Leon Gast & Taylor Hackford ; a Grammercy Pictures release ; a DAS Films presentation ; a David Sonenberg production ; produced by Leon Gast, David Sonenberg & Taylor Hackford ; directed by Leon Gast.
- Special edition.
- [New York, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 998.
Criterion collection ; 998.
1 videodisc (88 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 insert (1 folded leaf : color illustrations ; 17 cm x 70 cm folded to 17 cm x 12 cm).
4 3/4 in.
color black and white
- Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016.
Foreman, George, 1949-
Boxers (Sports) -- United States -- Biography.
Boxing matches -- Congo (Democratic Republic) -- History -- 20th century.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Audio 5.1 surround.
5.1 Dolby Digital
- In 1974, Leon Gast traveled to Africa to film Zaire 74; a music festival planned to accompany the Rumble in the Jungle, Muhammad Ali₂s heavyweight championship fight against George Foreman. This documentary captures the charismatic boxer training for one of the toughest bouts of his career.
- Featuring Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, Don King, James Brown, B.B. King, Mobuto Sese Seko, Spike Lee, Norman Mailer, George Plimpton, Thomas Hauser.
- Cinematography, Maryse Alberti, Paul Goldsmith, Kevin Keating, Albert Maysles, Roderick Young ; editors, Leon Gast, Taylor Hackford, Jeffrey Levy-Hinte, Keith Robinson.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1996.
Widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio).
Special features: new, restored 4K digital transfer; "Soul Power", a 2008 documentary about the Zaïre 74 music festival directed by Jefrey Kusama-Hinte; new interview with producer David Sonenberg; interview from 1997 with director Leon Gast; original theatrical trailer; essay by critic Kelefa Sanneh (on insert).
- Gast, Leon, film director, film producer, editor of moving image work.
Sonenberg, David, film producer.
Hackford, Taylor, 1944- film producer. editor of moving image work.
Ali, Muhammad, 1942-2016, on-screen participant.
Foreman, George, 1949- on-screen participant.
Das Films, production company.
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher.
- Soul power.
- Publisher Number:
CC3079DDVD The Criterion Collection
CC3079D The Criterion Collection
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|