The Negro in the Making of America / Benjamin Quarles.
- Second Printing
- New York : Collier Books, 1966.
288 pages ; 18 cm
- African Americans -- History.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- From Africa to the New World (to 1619)
The Colonial and Revolutionary War Negro (1619-1800)
The House of Bondage (1800-1860)
The Nonslave Negro (1800-1860)
New Birth of Freedom (1860-1865)
The Decades of Disappointment (1865-1900)
Turn-of-the-Century Upswing (1900-1920)
From "Normalcy" to New Deal (1920-1940)
War and Peace: Issues and Outcomes (1940-1954)
Democracy's Deepening Challenge (since 1954).
- "First Edition 1964. Second Printing 1966."
"This work is designed for those seeking an up-to-date survey of the Negro's past in the United States. It is not planned for the scholars in the field; rather, it attempts to bring more fully into the public domain the fruits of their studies."--Foreword.
Includes bibliographical references (pages 267-271) and index.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|