Warrior women / ITVS presents ; in association with Vision Maker Media ; a film by Christina D. King and Elizabeth A. Castle ; directed by Christina D. King and Elizabeth A. Castle ; producer: Anna Marie Pitman ; produced by Christina D. King and Elizabeth A. Castle.
- [Lincoln, NE] : Vision Maker Media, 
1 videodisc (approximately 64 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Thunder Hawk, Madonna.
Thunder Hawk, Marcy.
American Indian Movement.
Indian women -- South Dakota -- Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
Indians of North America -- Education -- South Dakota -- Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
Indians of North America -- United States -- Government relations.
Indians of North America -- Civil rights -- United States.
Indians, Treatment of -- United States.
Indians of North America -- Civil rights.
Indians of North America -- Education.
Indians of North America -- Government relations.
Indians, Treatment of.
South Dakota -- Cheyenne River Indian Reservation.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- In English.
Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired; open-captioned for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH).
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, all regions; widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
- "Warrior women is the story of Madonna Thunder Hawk, an AIM leader who cultivated a kindred group of activists' children, including her daughter Marcy, into the "We Will Remember" Survival School as a Native alternative to govenment education. Together, Madonna and Marcy fought for Native rights in an environment that made them more comrades than mother-daughter. Today, with Marcy, now a mother herself, both are still at the forefront of Native issues, fighting against the environment devastation of the Dakota-Access Pipeline and for indigenous cultural values. Through their story, the film explores what it means to naviagte a movement and motherhood, and how activist legacies pass from generation to generation under a colonizing government that meets Native resistance with violence."--DVD container.
- Directors of photography: Andreas Burgess, John G. Larson; editors: Keiko Deguchi, Kristen Nutile; original score by Giulio Carmassi, Bryan Scary
- This disc is a recorded DVD and may not play on all DVD players or drives.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2018.
- King, Christina D., film producer, film director.
Castle, Elizabeth A., film producer, film director.
Pitman, Anna Marie, film producer.
Burgess, Andreas, cinematographer.
Larson, John G., cinematographer.
Deguchi, Keiko, editor of moving image work.
Nutile, Kristen, editor of moving image work.
Carmassi, Giulio, 1981- composer (expression)
Scary, Bryan, composer (expression)
Independent Television Service, production company.
Vision Maker Media, production company, publisher.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|