Four-footed Americans and their kin / by Mabel Osgood Wright ; edited by Frank M. Chapman ; illustrated by Ernest Seton Thompson.
- Other records:
- New York : Macmillan Co. ; London : Macmillan & Co., 1898 (Norwood, Mass. : Norwood Press ; J.S. Cushing & Co. ; Berwick & Smith)
xv, 432,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Mammals -- United States -- Juvenile fiction.
Animal behavior -- Juvenile fiction.
Naturalists -- Juvenile fiction.
Fathers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction.
Cousins -- Juvenile fiction.
Country life -- Juvenile fiction.
African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
Farm life -- Juvenile fiction.
Dogs -- Juvenile fiction.
- Publishers' advertisements -- New York -- New York -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
United States New York (State) New York (City).
United States Massachusetts Norwood.
- Scientific information on four-footed animals given within a fictional narrative structure.
- "Ladder for climbing the family tree of the North American mammals": P. 415-430.
Publisher's advertisement: P. -.
- Local notes:
- Schimmel Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Caroline F. Schimmel.
Schimmel Collection copy has armorial bookplate of the Fowler family of New York on front pastedown. Cf. C.K. Bolton, Bolton's American armory (Baltimore: Clearfield, 1989), p. 62.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline F. (donor) (Schimmel Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Chapman, Frank M. (Frank Michler), 1864-1945, editor.
Seton, Ernest Thompson, 1860-1946, illustrator.
Macmillan Company, publisher.
Macmillan & Co., publisher.
Norwood Press, printer.
J.S. Cushing & Co., printer.
Berwick & Smith, printer.
Caroline F. Schimmel Fiction Collection of Women in the American Wilderness (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|