Reconceptualising feedback in higher education [electronic resource] : developing dialogue with students / edited by Stephen Merry ... [et al.].
- Other Title:
- Reconceptualizing feedback in higher education
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
1 online resource (240 pages)
- Communication in education.
- Electronic books.
- Feedback is a crucial element of teaching, learning and assessment. There is, however, substantial evidence that staff and students are dissatisfied with it, and there is growing impetus for change. Student Surveys have indicated that feedback is one of the most problematic aspects of the student experience, and so particularly in need of further scrutiny. Current practices waste both student learning potential and staff resources. Up until now the ways of addressing these problems has been through relatively minor interventions based on the established model of feedback providing information, but the change that is required is more fundamental and far reaching.
- Surveys of 'the student experience' and the politics of feedback / Mantz Yorke
Feedback: what students want / Alex Bols and Kate Wicklow
Feedback on feedback: uncrossing wires across sectors / Maddalena Taras
Assessment feedback: an 'agenda for change' / Margaret Price, Karen Handley, Berry O'Donovan, Chris Rust and Jill Millar
Opening up feedback: teaching learners to see / D. Royce Sadler
Building 'standards frameworks': the role of guidance and feedback in supporting the achievement of learners / Sue Bloxham
Involving students in the scholarship of assessment: student voices on the feedback 'agenda for change' / Kay Sambell
Feedback unbound: from master to usher / Jan McArthur and Mark Huxham
Feedback and feedforward: student responses and their implications / Mirabelle Walker
Sustainable feedback and the development of student self-evaluative capacities / David Carless
Students' social learning practice as a way of learning from tutor feedback / Paul Orsmond, Stephen Merry and Karen Handley
Integrating feedback with classroom teaching: using exemplars to scaffold learning / Graham Hendry
An assessment compact: changing the way an institution thinks about assessment and feedback / Chris Rust, Margaret Price, Karen Handley, Berry O'Donovan and Jill Millar
Fostering institutional change in feedback practice through partnership / Graham Holden and Chris Glover
Making learning-oriented assessment the experience of all our students: supporting institutional change / Mark Russell, Dominic Bygate and Helen Barefoot
Achieving transformational or sustainable educational change / Steve Draper and David Nicol
Conclusion and reflections / Stephen Merry, Margaret Price, David Carless and Maddalena Taras.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Merry, Stephen.
- Yorke, Mantz. Surveys of 'the student experience' and the politics of feedback.
- 0-203-52281-8 (ebook)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|