Analysing fascist discourse [electronic resource] : European fascism in talk and text / edited by Ruth Wodak and John E. Richardson.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Routledge critical studies in discourse ; 5.
Routledge critical studies in discourse ; 5
1 online resource (339 p.)
- Discourse analysis -- Political aspects -- Europe.
Fascist propaganda -- Europe.
Fascism and literature -- Europe.
National socialism and literature -- Europe.
- Electronic books.
- This book focuses primarily on continuities and discontinuities of fascist politics as manifested in discourses of post-war European countries. Many traumatic pasts in Europe are linked to the experience of fascist and national-socialist regimes in the 20th century and to related colonial and imperialist expansionist politics. And yet we are again confronted with the emergence, rise and success of extreme right wing political movements, across Europe and beyond, which frequently draw on fascist and national-socialist ideologies, themes, idioms, arguments and lexical items. Post-war taboos h
- Analysing Fascist Discourse European Fascism in Talk and Text; Copyright; Contents; List of Tables; List of Figures; 1 European Fascism in Talk and Text-Introduction; 2 Radical Right Discourse contra State-Based Authoritarian Populism: Neoliberalism, Identity and Exclusion after the Crisis; 3 Italian Postwar Neo-Fascism: Three Paths, One Mission?; 4 The Reception of Antisemitic Imagery in Nazi Germany and Popular Opinion-Lessons for Today; 5 "Calculated Ambivalence" and Holocaust Denial in Austria; 6 German Postwar Discourse of the Extreme and Populist Right
7 Education and Etiquette: Behaviour Formation in Fascist Spain8 The CDS-PP and the Portuguese Parliament's Annual Celebration of the 1974 Revolution: Ambivalence and Avoidance in the Construction of the Fascist Past; 9 Continuities of Fascist Discourses, Discontinuities of Extreme-Right Political Actors? Overt and Covert Antisemitism in the Contemporary French Radical Right; 10 Racial Populism in British Fascist Discourse: The Case of COMBAT and the British National Party (1960-1967)
11 Variations on a Theme: The Jewish 'Other' in Old and New Antisemitic Media Discourses in Hungary in the 1940s and in 201112 The Return of the Ukrainian Far Right: The Case of VO Svoboda; 13 New Times, Old Ideologies? Recontextualizations of Radical Right Thought in Postcommunist Romania; 14 European Far-Right Music and Its Enemies; 15 The Branding of European Nationalism: Perpetuation and Novelty in Racist Symbolism; Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Wodak, Ruth, 1950-
Richardson, John E., 1974-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|