Hamas and suicide terrorism [electronic resource] : multi-causal and multi-level approaches / Rashmi Singh.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2011.
- LSE international studies.
LSE international studies
1 online resource (225 p.)
- Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamah al-Islāmīyah.
Suicide bombings -- Israel.
Terrorism -- Israel.
- Electronic books.
- This book analyses the root causes of suicide terrorism at both the elite and rank-and- file levels of the Hamas and also explains why this tactic has disappeared in the post-2006 period.This volume adopts a multi-causal, multi-level approach to analyse the use of suicide bombings by Hamas and its individual operatives in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. It uses extensive fieldwork and on-the-ground interviews in order to delve beneath the surface and understand why and how suicide operations were adopted as a sustained mechanism of engagement within the Israeli-Palestinian c
- Hamas and Suicide Terrorism Multi-causal and multi-level approaches; Copyright; Contents; Foreword; Acknowledgements; Abbreviations; 1 Introductory remarks; 2 Rationality, nationalism and political Islam; 3 A brief political history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict; 4 Rationality and the convergence of expressive and instrumental violence; 5 Palestinian nationalism, identity and the norm of militant heroic martyrdom; 6 Political Islam and the rhetoric of jihad and martyrdom; 7 Concluding remarks; Appendix A: List of interviews; Appendix B: Suicide bombings conducted by Hamas,1993-2006
GlossaryNotes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|