Building students' historical literacies [electronic resource] : learning to read and reason with historical texts and evidence / Jeffery D. Nokes.
- New York : Routledge, 2013.
1 online resource (230 p.)
- History -- Study and teaching -- United States.
Language arts -- United States.
Literacy -- Study and teaching -- United States.
United States -- History -- Sources.
- Electronic books.
- How can teachers incorporate the richness of historical resources into classrooms in ways that are true to the discipline of history and are pedagogically sound? This book explores the notion of historical literacy, adopts a research-supported stance on literacy processes, and promotes the integration of content-area literacy instruction into history content teaching. It is unique in its focus on the discipline-specific literacies of historical inquiry. Addressing literacy from a historian's rather than a a literacy specialist's point of view, this book surveys a broad range of texts including
- pt. 1. Historical literacies
pt. 2. Fluency with strategies and evidence
pt. 3. Putting it all together.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|