Translingual practice : global Englishes and cosmopolitan relations / Suresh Canagarajah.
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
1 online resource (225 p.)
- Multilingualism -- Social aspects.
English language -- Globalization.
Second language acquisition.
- Electronic books.
- Translingual Practice: Global Englishes and Cosmopolitan Relations introduces a new way of looking at the use of English within a global context. Challenging traditional approaches in second language acquisition and English language teaching, this book incorporates recent advances in multilingual studies, sociolinguistics, and new literacy studies to articulate a new perspective on this area. Canagarajah argues that multilinguals merge their own languages and values into English, which opens up various negotiation strategies that help them decode other unique varieties of English a
Theorizing translingual practice
Recovering translingual practices
English as translingual
Translingual negotiation strategies
Pluralizing academic writing
Negotiating translingual literacy
Reconfiguring translocal spaces
Developing performative competence
Toward a dialogical cosmopolitanism.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203073889 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|