The domain name registration system [electronic resource] : liberalization, consumer protection and growth / Jenny Ng.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
- Routledge Research in Information Technology and E-Commerce Law
Routledge research in IT and E-commerce law
1 online resource (206 p.)
- Internet domain names -- Law and legislation -- Australia.
Internet domain names -- Law and legislation -- Great Britain.
Internet addresses -- Australia.
Internet addresses -- Great Britain.
- Electronic books.
- "This book offers a comparative analysis of the domain name registration systems in Australia and the United Kingdom. It analyses global trends and international perspectives of domain name registration systems and the dynamics in the respective domain name systems. The research project explores the advantages and disadvantages of the restrictive domain name registration system and the less restrictive registration system by addressing issues of consumer protection and promoting growth in the number of domain name registrations. The book analyses several different types of domain name registration systems and analyses the regulatory frameworks in the restrictive and unrestrictive registration systems. It considers recent developments in this area such as the new transfer rules in Australia which allows for the sale of domain name licence, the new Business Name Registration rules due to enter into force in 2011 in Australia, and the new policy rules on domain name dispute resolution in the United Kingdom. Jenny Ng also examines the legal and economic implications of these regulatory frameworks, drawing upon economic theory, regulatory and systems theory as well as legal analysis and comparison of regulatory frameworks. In doing so the work puts forwards ways in which such systems could be better designed to reflect the needs of the specific circumstances in individual jurisdictions"-- Provided by publisher.
- pt. 1. The domain name registration system : overview and international perspectives
pt. 2. Comparative analysis : consumer protection and growth in domain name registrations in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|