The Middle East today [electronic resource] : political, geographical and cultural perspectives / Dona J. Stewart.
- 2nd ed.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2013.
1 online resource (305 p.)
- Geopolitics -- Middle East.
Middle East -- Politics and government -- 1979-.
Middle East -- Economic conditions -- 1979-.
United States -- Foreign relations -- Middle East.
Middle East -- Foreign relations -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- The new edition of The Middle East Today provides an accessible and comprehensive introductory textbook for undergraduate students of Middle East Studies, Middle East politics and geography. This updated and revised edition features a host of pedagogical features to assist students with their learning, including; detailed maps and images, case studies on key issues, boxed sections and suggestions for further reading. The book highlights the current issues facing the Middle East, linking them to the rich political, geographical and cultural history of
- Part I. Introduction to the Region
The Middle East and North Africa : Between Image and Reality
The Geography of the Middle East and North Africa
Culture and Society in the Middle East and North Africa
Part II. Emergence and Evolution of the Region
Historical Foundations : The Islamic and Arab Legacies
The Making of the Modern Middle East : The Ottoman Legacy
Independent States and Geopolitics : The Legacy of Western Imperialism
The Contemporary State Systems : A System in Flux
Contemporary Islamist Thought : The Power of Ideology
Part III. Contemporary Issues and Challenges
Economic Challenges : A Region of Disparities
The Middle East Conflicts
Civil Society, Media and Democratic Reform
The 2011 Revolutions and the Future of the Region
- "Simultaneously published in the USA and Canada"--t.p. verso.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -206) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|