Violence at work [electronic resource] : causes, patterns and prevention / edited by Martin Gill, Bonnie Fisher and Vaughan Bowie.
- Other records:
- Cullompton, UK ; Portland, Or. : Willan, 2002.
1 online resource (241 p.)
- Bullying in the workplace.
Violence in the workplace.
- Electronic books.
- Workplace violence has emerged as a growing concern in today's interdependent political economy, and increasing attention is being paid to the phenomenon both by business and in the academic world to identifying its causes and to devise strategies to prevent it. In this book a distinguished international team, composed of both academics and practitioners, identify and address the key issues. It reviews the earlier literature on workplace violence, identifying and assessing key trends and patterns of violence at work, and reapplying traditional theories of victimisation and approaches to preven
- Cover; Violence at Work: Causes, patterns and prevention; Copyright; Contents; List of tables and figures; Acknowledgements; Notes on editors and contributors; Introduction; Chapter 1 Defining violence at work: a new typology; Chapter 2 Occupational violence in industrialized countries: types, incidence patterns and 'at risk' groups of workers; Chapter 3 Causal factors of violence in the workplace: a human resource professional's perspective; Chapter 4 Developing a framework for understanding patterns of abuse and violence against businesses
Chapter 5 The process of employee violence: the building of a workplace explosionChapter 6 Workplace violence in the USA: are there gender differences?; Chapter 7 Prevention of violence affecting workers: a systems perspective; Chapter 8 Standards for violence management training; Chapter 9 Why workplace bullying and violence are different: protecting employees from both; Chapter 10 Dealing with violence in the workplace: the experience of Canadian unions; Chapter 11 The Assaulted Staff Action Program (ASAP): ten year analysis of empirical findings
Chapter 12 Violence at work: supporting the employeeConcluding comments; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Bowie, Vaughan.
Fisher, Bonnie, 1959-
Gill, M. L.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|