The intelligent clinician's guide to DSM-5 [electronic resource] / Joel Paris.
- Other Title:
- The intelligent clinician's guide to the DSM-5
- Oxford : Oxford University Press, c2013.
1 online resource (272 p.)
- Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders. -- 5th ed.
Mental illness -- Diagnosis.
Mental illness -- Classification.
- Electronic books.
- The Intelligent Clinician's Guide to the DSM-5RG explores all revisions to the latest version of the Diagnostic and Statistics Manual, and shows clinicians how they can best apply the strong points and shortcomings of psychiatry's most contentious resource. Written by a celebrated professor of psychiatry, this reader-friendly book uses evidence-based critiques and new research to point out where DSM-5 is right, where it is wrong, and where the jury's still out. Along the way, The Intelligent Clinician's Guide to the DSM-5RG sifts through the many public controversies and clinical debates surro
- Cover; Contents; Introduction; Acknowledgments; PART ONE: DIAGNOSTIC PRINCIPLES; 1. The History of Diagnosis in Psychiatry; 2. How Diagnostic Manuals Are Made; 3. What Is (and Is Not) a Mental Disorder; 4. Diagnostic Validity; 5. Dimensionality; 6. Clinical Utility; PART TWO: SPECIFIC DIAGNOSES; 7. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychoses; 8. Bipolar and Related Disorders; 9. Depressive Disorders; 10. Anxiety Disorders, Trauma, and the Obsessive-Compulsive Spectrum; 11. Substance Use, Eating, and Sexual Disorders; 12. Neurodevelopmental and Disruptive Behavioral Disorders
13. Personality Disorders14. Other Diagnostic Groupings; PART THREE: OVERVIEW; 15. A Guide for the Perplexed; References; Index; A; B; C; D; E; F; G; H; I; J; K; L; M; N; O; P; R; S; T; U; V; W; Z
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p.193-224) and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|