The Instauratio magna [electronic resource] . Part 3, Historia naturalis et experimentalis : Historia ventorum and Historia vitae & mortis / edited with introduction, notes, commentaries, and facing-page translations by Graham Rees with Maria Wakely.
- Standardized Title:
- Instauratio magna. Part 3. English & Latin
- Other Title:
- Historia naturalis et experimentalis
- Oxford ; New York : Oxford University Press, 2007.
- Bacon, Francis, 1561-1626. Selections. 1996 ; Works. 12.
The Oxford Francis Bacon ; 12
Oxford Francis Bacon ; 12.
1 online resource (lxxxiii, 502 p.) : ill.
- Heat -- Early works to 1800.
Motion -- Early works to 1800.
Physics -- Early works to 1800.
Science -- Philosophy -- Early works to 1800.
Winds -- Early works to 1800.
- Electronic books.
- Francis Bacon (1561-1626) was a genuine midwife of modernity. He was one of the first thinkers to visualise a future which would be guided by a cooperative science-based vision of bettering human welfare. This is a critical edition of his greatest philosophical work since the 19th century.
- Bibliographic Level Mode of Issuance: Monograph
Includes bibliographical references (p. 490-496) and index.
- Rees, Graham.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|