The psychology of digital media at work / edited by Daantje Derks and Arnold B. Bakker.
- Hove, East Sussex : Psychology Press, 2013.
- Current issues in work and organizational psychology
1 online resource (193 p.)
- Internet -- Social aspects.
- Electronic books.
- In many professions daily work life has become unthinkable without the use of a computer with access to the Internet. As technological innovations progress rapidly and new applications of interactional media are invented, organizational behaviour continues to change.The central theme of this book is how new media affect organizational behavior and employee well-being. A variety of topics are considered:applications of new media in both personnel psychology and organizational psychologytools to improve selection and assessmentissues
- Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; 1 Introduction; PART 1 Online communication and collaboration; 2 Email overload: Fine-tuning the research lens; 3 Online social networks in the work context; 4 Mobilizing knowledge collaboration: Today's reality vs. future possibility; 5 Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics (KSAOs) for virtual teamwork; PART 2 Gaming and online tests; 6 Games-work interaction: The beneficial impact of computer games on work behaviors; 7 Serious gaming @ work: Learning job-related competencies using serious gaming
8 Technology-enhanced learning in the workplace9 Webcam tests in personnel selection; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Description based on online resource; title from title page (ebrary, viewed May 8, 2013).
- Bakker, Arnold B.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203074145 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|