Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society [electronic resource] : Bridging Research and Practice
- Hoboken : Taylor and Francis, 2012.
- Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement
Series in Death, Dying, and Bereavement
1 online resource (446 p.)
- Bereavement -- Psychological aspects.
Death -- Psychological aspects.
- Medical subjects:
Attitude to Death.
- Local subjects:
- Bereavement -- Psychological aspects. (search)
Death -- Psychological aspects. (search)
- Electronic books.
- Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society is an authoritative guide to the study of and work with major themes in bereavement. Its chapters synthesize the best of research-based conceptualization and clinical wisdom across 30 of the most important topics in the field, including the implementation of specific models in clinical practice, family therapy for bereavement, complicated grief, spirituality, and more. The volume's contributors come from around the world, and their work reflects a level of cultural awareness of the diversity and universality of bereavement and its chall
- Front Cover; Grief and Bereavement in Contemporary Society; Copyright Page; Contents; Preface; About the Editors; Contributors; 1. Introduction: The Historical Landscape of Loss: Development of Bereavement Studies: Colin Murray Parkes; Section I: Current Conceptualizations of the Grief Response; 2. Meaning Reconstruction in Bereavement: From Principles to Practice: Robert A. Neimeyer and Diana C. Sands; 3. Attachment and Coping with Bereavement: Implications for Therapeutic Interventions with the Insecurely Attached: Emmanuelle Zech and Carrie Arnold
4. The Changing Bond in Therapy for Unresolved Loss: An Attachment Theory Perspective: Nigel P. Field and Carol Wogrin5. The Two-Track Model of Bereavement: The Double Helix of Research and Clinical Practice: Simon Shimshon Rubin, Ruth Malkinson, and Eliezer Witztum; 6. A Task-Based Approach for Counseling the Bereaved:J. William Worden and Howard R. Winokuer; 7. The Influence of Gender and Socialization on Grieving Styles:Terry L. Martin and Kenneth J. Doka; Section II: Contexts of Grieving; 8. Spousal Bereavement in Later Life:Deborah Carr and John Shep Jeffreys
9. Parenting Challenges After the Death of a Child:Jennifer L. Buckle and Stephen J. Fleming10. Bereavement in Children and Adults Following the Death of a Sibling:Brenda Marshall and Betty Davies; 11. Bridging the Gap: Translating a Research-Based Program into an Agency-Based Service for Bereaved Children and Families: Timothy S. Ayers, C. Caryn Kondo, and Irwin N. Sandler; Section III: Challenges in Bereavement; 12. Treating Complicated Grief: Converging Approaches: M. Katherine Shear, Paul A. Boelen, and Robert A. Neimeyer
13. Grief in the Midst of Ambiguity and Uncertainty: An Exploration of Ambiguous Loss and Chronic Sorrow: Pauline Boss, Susan Roos, and Darcy L. Harris14. Restorative Retelling: Revising the Narrative of Violent Death: Edward K. Rynearson and Alison Salloum; 15. Bereavement and Disasters: Research and Clinical Intervention:Pål Kristensen and Maria-Helena Pereira Franco; 16. Grief After Terrorism: Toward a Family-Focused Intervention:Grace H. Christ, Dianne Kane, and Heidi Horsley; 17. Is Suicide Bereavement Different? Perspectives From Research andPractice:John R. Jordan and John L. McIntosh
18. Giving Voice to Nonfinite Loss and Grief in Bereavement:Cynthia L. Schultz and Darcy L. HarrisSection IV: Specific Populations; 19. Grief in GLBT Populations: Focus on Gay and Lesbian Youth:Linda Goldman and Vincent M. Livoti; 20. Traumatic Death in the United States Military: Initiating the Dialogue on War-Related Loss: Jill Harrington-LaMorie and Meghan E. McDevitt-Murphy; 21. Pet Loss: The Interface of Continuing Bonds Research and Practice:Betty J. Carmack and Wendy Packman; Section V: Specialized Therapeutic Modalities
22. Family Therapy for the Bereaved:David W. Kissane and An Hooghe
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Harris, Darcy L.
Winokuer, Howard R.
Thornton, Gordon F.
Christ, Grace H. MSKCC.
Kissane, David W. MSKCC.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC).
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|