Transitions and learning through the lifecourse [electronic resource] / edited by Kathryn Ecclestone, Gert Biesta, and Martin Hughes.
- New York ; Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2009.
1 online resource (241 p.)
- Continuing education -- Great Britain.
School-to-work transition -- Great Britain.
Life cycle, Human -- Great Britain.
Articulation (Education) -- Great Britain.
- Electronic books.
- Like many ideas that inform policy, practice and research, 'transition' has many meanings. Children make a transition to adulthood, pupils move from primary to secondary school, and there is then a movement from school to work, training or further education. Transitions can lead to profound and positive change and be an impetus for new learning for some individuals and be unsettling, difficult and unproductive for others. Transitions have become a key concern for policy makers and the subject of numerous policy changes over the past ten years. They are also of interest to researchers and pr
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Figures; Tables; Contributors; Acknowledgements; Preface; 1 Transitions in the lifecourse: The role of identity, agency and structure; 2 The daily transition between home and school; 3 Transgression for transition? White urban middle-class families making and managing 'against the grain' school choices; 4 Reading and writing the self as a college student: Fluidity and ambivalence across contexts; 5 Managing transitions in Skills for Life; 6 The transition from vocational education and training to higher education: A successful pathway?
7 Disabled students and transitions in higher education8 Rethinking 'failed transitions' to higher education; 9 Time in learning transitions through the lifecourse: A feminist perspective; 10 Working as belonging: The management of personal and collective identities; 11 Adults learning in and through the workplace; 12 Older workers' transitions in work-related learning, careers and identities; 13 Managing and supporting the vulnerable self; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Ecclestone, Kathryn.
Hughes, Martin, 1949 May 15-
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|