Teaching religion and science [electronic resource] : effective pedagogy and practical approaches for RE teachers / Tonie Stolberg and Geoff Teece.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (148 p.)
- Religion -- Study and teaching.
Science -- Study and teaching.
Religion and science -- Study and teaching.
- Electronic books.
- Can religion and science co-exist successfully in the classroom? How can you encourage an environment where differing views are treated positively? How do you help students apply their understanding of religious beliefs and scientific theory to a range of ultimate questions?Teaching Religion and Science aims to give RE teachers a pedagogical foundation for the teaching of religion and science topics, and for the teaching of religion as a whole. It will help you to have confidence to include what might appear to be challenging or controversial topics in your lessons, a
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Chapter 1 Introduction; Part 1 Developing a pedagogical framework; Chapter 2 Why teach religion and science?; Chapter 3 Understanding different attitudes to religion and science; Chapter 4 Developing a pedagogical approach; Part 2 Pedagogy in practice; Chapter 5 Teaching religion and science themes; Chapter 6 Teaching controversial topics; Chapter 7 Planning lessons for ages 11-16; Chapter 8 Planning lessons for ages 16-19; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
- Teece, Geoff.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|