Primary religious education, a new approach [electronic resource] : conceptual enquiry in primary RE / by Clive Erricker, Judith Lowndes and Elaine Bellchambers.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (229 p.)
- Religious education of children.
- Electronic books.
- The role of Religious Education within the primary school and how it should be implemented has been the subject of worldwide debate. Responding to the delivery of the non-statutory framework for RE and the recent emphasis on a creative primary curriculum Primary Religious Education - A New Approach models a much needed pedagogical framework, encouraging conceptual enquiry and linking theory to its implementation within the wider curriculum in schools.The book outlines this new conceptual approach to Religious Education and is based upon the Living Difference syllabus
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction: Making RE meaningful; Part 1: RE in the primary curriculum; Chapter 1: Why is RE important?; Chapter 2: What is good RE?; Chapter 3: How do we create effective learning?; Part 2: Conceptual enquiry as an approach to RE and the primary curriculum; Chapter 4: Why conceptual enquiry?: An introduction to the methodology; Chapter 5: Holistic and creative learning; Chapter 6: Case studies in good practice; Part 3: Transforming your practice; Chapter 7: Creating an enquiry-based curriculum
Chapter 8: Strategies and resources: Using the skills of the non-specialistChapter 9: What next for RE and the primary curriculum?; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Lowndes, Judith.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|