The market, happiness, and solidarity : a Christian perspective / Johan J. Graafland.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Routledge frontiers of political economy.
Routledge frontiers of political economy
1 online resource (205 p.)
- Economics -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
Free enterprise -- Religious aspects -- Christianity.
- Electronic books.
- The past two decades of market operation has generated welfare and economic growth in Western countries, but increasing income inequalities, depletion of the natural environment and the current financial crisis have led to an intense debate about the advantages and disadvantages of the free market. With this book, Professor Graafland makes a valuable contribution to the Christian debate about the market economy. In particular, it aims to clarify the links between ethical values, Christian belief and economics, as well as informing theologians and economists about recent economic insights in
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Figures; Tables; Preface; 1 Introduction; 2 The market and welfare; 3 The market and justice; 4 The market and virtues; 5 Integration and application; Notes; References; Register of Bible texts; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203855539 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|