The politics of international law and compliance : Serbia, Croatia and the Hague Tribunal / Nikolas M. Rajkovic.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2012.
- Routledge research in comparative politics ; 43.
Routledge research in comparative politics ; 43
1 online resource (230 p.)
- International law.
Pacific settlement of international disputes.
Yugoslav War Crime Trials, Hague, Netherlands, 1994-.
Yugoslav War, 1991-1995 -- Atrocities.
International Tribunal for the Prosecution of Persons Responsible for Serious Violations of International Humanitarian Law Committed in the Territory of the Former Yugoslavia since 1991.
- Electronic books.
- Leading the debate on the domestic effect of the growing influence of international adjudication, this invaluable text examines Serbia and Croatia's erratic record of compliance with the International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia (ICTY).Since the demise of the Milosevic and Tudjman regimes, Serbian and Croatian governments have been inconsistent in cooperating with the ICTY, despite the conditions of EU membership and US financial incentives. This study reconstructs events before, during and after extradition to build up a picture of the complex politics involved in IC
- Front Cover; The Politics of International Law and Compliance; Copyright Page; Contents; List of figures; Preface; A note on spelling, translation and pronunciation; Abbreviations; 1. Another 'Balkan odyssey': introducing a compliance puzzle; 2. Rethinking 'norm diffusion' as the politics of meaning and influence; 3. The high politics of justice: (re)introducing the problem of ICTY compliance; 4. Political conditionality as political casuistry: ICTY (non)compliance in post-Milošević Serbia; 5. Political conditionality as political casuistry: ICTY (non)compliance in post-Tudjman Croatia
6. Conclusion: influence, compliance and the study of rule followingNotes; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -208) and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203803295 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|