Introduction to vocational rehabilitation [electronic resource] : policies, practices and skills / by Clive Langman.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York : Routledge, 2012.
1 online resource (361 p.)
- Vocational rehabilitation -- Great Britain.
People with disabilities -- Rehabilitation -- Great Britain.
- Electronic books.
- This text provides an overview of vocational rehabilitation (VR) practice, making it the perfect companion for students and practitioners with an interest in supporting people back to work and improving their sense of health and well-being. The book is divided into three parts: the first covers the policy context of VR in the UK, defining VR, outlining the development of national standards in the sector, and looking at issues such as the economy and worklessness, and the legal background. The second part examines models of VR practice and relevant standards. It explores the nature of
- Introduction to Vocational Rehabilitation Policies, practices and skills; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgements; Introduction; PART 1 Health, disability and worklessness in the United Kingdom; 1 Recognising vocational rehabilitation; 2 The nature of the problem: sickness, disability, absenteeism, worklessness and a developing compensation culture; 3 The public sector policy response; 4 The private sector response: the legal profession and insurance industry; 5 The legal context; PART 2 Employment and disability services in the United Kingdom: models of vocational rehabilitation practice
6 The vocational rehabilitation service user7 The vocational rehabilitation service provider; 8 Jobcentre Plus: employment and disability services; 9 National Health Service; PART 3 The vocational rehabilitation process: the application of skills and knowledge; 10 Vocational rehabilitation counselling, multidisciplinary working and client case management; 11 The vocational rehabilitation process, stage 1: initial evaluation, inclusion and rehabilitation planning; 12 The vocational rehabilitation process, stage 2: assessment and evaluation
13 The vocational rehabilitation process, stage 3: pre-placement support and job development14 The vocational rehabilitation process, stage 4: placement, job retention and case closure; 15 Considering the future; Notes; References; Additional reading and sources of information; Glossary of abbreviations; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|