Handbook of strategic environmental assessment [electronic resource] / edited by Barry Sadler ... [et al.].
- Other records:
- London ; Washington, DC : Earthscan, 2011.
1 online resource (641 p.)
- Environmental impact analysis -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
Strategic planning -- Environmental aspects -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Electronic books.
- This authoritative handbook surveys the full breadth and depth of SEA, bringing together a range of international perspectives and insights on the theoretical, methodological and institutional dimensions and practical issues of the field. It then subjects this conventional wisdom to a critical reappraisal, looks at the vast lessons of experience and offers new ideas and interpretations as to where the field is going.The volume is organized into six major sections, beginning with an introduction and overview of the development of the field and a framework for evaluating SEA good practice. Part
- Cover; Handbook of Strategic Environmental Assessment; Copyright; Contents; List of Figures, Tables and Boxes; Acknowledgements; List of Acronyms and Abbreviations; 1. Taking Stock of Sea; Part I: Sea Frameworks; 2. Sea in Australia; 3. Sea in Canada; 4. Sea in New Zealand; 5. Sea in the Us; 6. Sea in the Asia Region; 7. Sea in Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia; 8. Sea in the European Union; 9. Sea in Southern Africa; 10. the Sea Protocol; Part II: Sea Application; 11. Sea and Transport Planning; 12. Sea and Water Management; 13. Regional Sectoral Assessment and Extractive Industries
14. Sea and Coastal Zone ManagementPart III: Sea Linkage to Other Instruments; 15. Thematic Overview of Linkages Between Sea and Other Instruments; 16. Sea and Environmental Planning and Management Tools; 17. Sea and Landscape Planning; 18. Sea as a Tool for the Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity in Developing Countries; 19. Using Sea to Enhance Poverty Reduction Strategies; 20. Sea and Spatial Planning; Part IV: Cross-cutting Issues in Sea; 21. Development and Application of Environmental Indicators in Sea
22. Some Wider Reflections on the Challenge of Public Participation in Sea23. Addressing Health Impacts in Sea; 24. Managing Cumulative Impacts: Making It Happen; 25. Transboundary Issues in Sea; 26. Planning in Tiers? Tiering as a Way of Linking Sea and Eia; Part V: Sea Process Development and Capacity-building; 27. Sea Process Development and Capacity-building - a Thematic Overview; 28. Sea Theory and Research: an Analysis of the Early Discourse; 29. Professional and Institutional Capacity-building for Sea; 30. Developing Sea Guidance
31. Institutional Challenges for Sea Implementation and Decision-making: Search for Appropriate Organizations32. from Formulation to Implementation: Strengthening Sea Through Follow-up; 33. Sea Knowledge and Its Use in Information Sharing, Training and Learning; Part VI: Toward Integrated Sustainability Assessment; 34. from Sea to Sustainability Assessment?; 35. Assessment for Sustainable Development: Theoretical Framework and Application to the Mining Sector; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Sadler, Barry.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|