Social development : critical themes and perspectives / edited by Manohar S. Pawar and David R. Cox.
- Other records:
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Routledge studies in development and society ; 25.
Routledge studies in development and society ; 25
1 online resource (275 p.)
- Community development.
Community development -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Electronic books.
- This edited collection demonstrates that the ideas inherent in social development are practical and not utopian. By discussing and delineating a social development approach, the book argues the need for practicing it at local or grassroots-level communities to promote universal social justice and wellbeing. Towards this end, several leading scholars have presented critical and inspiring thoughts on the significance and usefulness in development of genuine participation of people, bottom-up strategies, self-reliance, capacity building, and egalitarian and empowering partnerships. They also d
- pt. 1. Conceptual understanding of social development
pt. 2. Critical perscpetives in social development
pt. 3. Ethical issues in social development
pt. 4. Future of social development.
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Cox, David R.
Pawar, Manohar S.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203847015 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|