Substance Abuse Counseling with Adolescent Males and Adult Men [electronic resource].
- Other records:
- Hoboken : Taylor and Francis, 2012.
- The Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men
The Routledge Series on Counseling and Psychotherapy with Boys and Men
1 online resource (244 p.)
- Local subjects:
- Emotions. (search)
Substance abuse -- Patients -- Counseling of. (search)
- Electronic books.
- In the substance abuse and addiction treatment realm, males outnumber females two to one. While gender-issues are seen as a key element of women's treatment, the acknowledgement that males are ""gendered beings"" who have lived lives full of male-specific developmental challenges is often overlooked. This text takes a developmental lifespan approach to examine the neurobiological and psychosocial factors associated with substance use disorders for males, specifically in relation to emotional growth and awareness, and how these areas, in turn, affect the development of healthy relationships.
- Front Cover; Men, Addiction, and Intimacy; Copyright Page; Contents; Series Editor's Foreword; Preface; Acknowledgments; CHAPTER 1 Substance Abuse Counseling with Boys and Men Gender and Development Matters; CHAPTER 2 Educating Boys and Men about Substance Abuse and the Developing Brain; CHAPTER 3 Strengthening Recovery by Fostering Emotional Intimacy in Males; CHAPTER 4 Substance Abuse Counseling with Early Adolescent Males (Ages 12 to 18); CHAPTER 5 Substance Abuse Counseling with Later Adolescent Males (Ages 18 to 24)
CHAPTER 6 Substance Abuse Counseling with Males in Early Adulthood (Ages 24 to 34)CHAPTER 7 Substance Abuse Counseling with Males in Middle Adulthood (Ages 34 to 60); CHAPTER 8 Substance Abuse Counseling with Older Adult Males (Ages 60 and Above); References; APPENDIX A Check-In System; APPENDIX B Looking Back to Plan Ahead; APPENDIX C Looking Back to Plan Ahead; APPENDIX D Looking Back to Plan Ahead; APPENDIX E Looking Back to Plan Ahead; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|