Chronic inflammation [electronic resource] : nutritional and therapeutic interventions / edited by Sashwati Roy, Debasis Bagchi, Siba P. Raychaudhuri.
- Boca Raton : Taylor & Francis, 2012, c2013.
1 online resource (463 p.)
- Inflammation -- Treatment.
- Electronic books.
- Although acute inflammation is a healthy physiological response indicative of wound healing, chronic inflammation has been directly implicated in a wide range of degenerative human health disorders encompassing almost all present day non-communicable diseases including autoimmune diseases, obesity, diabetes and atherosclerosis. Chronic Inflammation: Molecular Pathophysiology, Nutritional and Therapeutic Interventions provides an exposition of the process of chronic inflammation in three parts:Systems Biology of Inflammation and Regulatory Mechanisms
- Front Cover; Contents; Preface; Editors; Contributors; Chapter 1 - At the Interface between Acute and Chronic Inflammation: Insights from Computational Modeling; Chapter 2 - The Cellular Component of Chronic Inflammation; Chapter 3 - Mast Cells in Chronic Inflammation; Chapter 4 - Hypoxia and Hypoxia-Inducible Factor in Inflammation; Chapter 5 - Bioactive Phospholipid Mediators of Inflammation; Chapter 6 - Hematopoietic Stem Cells in Atherosclerotic Development and Resolution; Chapter 7 - Inflammation as a Confounding Factor in Regenerative Medicine
Chapter 8 - NOX in the CNS: Inflammation and BeyondChapter 9 - Resolution of Inflammation; Chapter 10 - H2S in Inflammation; Chapter 11 - Is There a Connection between Inflammation and Oxidative Stress?; Chapter 12 - Chronic Inflammation and Cancer: A Matter of Lifestyle; Chapter 13 - Chronic Wounds and Inflammation; Chapter 14 - Multiphasic Roles for TGF-Beta in Scarring: Implications for Therapeutic Intervention; Chapter 15 - Natural Vitamin E Tocotrienol against Neuroinflammation and Oxidative Stress; Chapter 16 - Inflammatory Cascades in Autoimmune Disease
Chapter 17 - Shear Stress and Vascular Inflammation: A Study in the LungChapter 18 - NGF and Its Receptor System in Inflammatory Diseases; Chapter 19 - Inflammation, Oxidative Stress, and Antioxidants; Chapter 20 - Lipid Biomarkers of Inflammation; Chapter 21 - Physical Activity and Inflammation: An Overview; Chapter 22 - Omega-6 and Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Inflammatory Processes; Chapter 23 - Anti-Inflammatory Phytochemicals, Obesity, and Diabetes: An Overview; Chapter 24 - Anti-Inflammatory Nutraceuticals and Herbal Medicines for the Management of Metabolic Syndrome
Chapter 25 - Epigenetics and Nutriepigenomics in Chronic Inflammatory Lung Diseases: Nutritional and Therapeutic InterventionsChapter 26 - Biologics: Molecular Medicine from Bench to Bedside; Chapter 27 - Disease Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs; Chapter 28 - Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs; Back Cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Roy, Sashwati.
Bagchi, Debasis, 1954-
Raychaudhuri, Siba P.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|