The Commonwealth and international affairs [electronic resource] : the Round Table centennial selection / edited by Alex May.
- Milton Park, Abingdon, Oxon, [England] ; New York : Routledge, c2010.
1 online resource (181 p.)
- Political science -- Commonwealth countries.
Commonwealth countries -- Foreign relations.
- Electronic books.
- The Round Table journal (now subtitled The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs) first appeared in 1910. The journal carried a number of articles recognised both by contemporaries and by historians as highly influential in the making of Commonwealth policy, including constitutional reform in India, the independence of southern Ireland, the League of Nations mandates system and the United Nations trusteeship system, British policy in East Asia, the building of the Anglo-American alliance, appeasement, decolonisation, and the transition to a new, multipolar Commonwe
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Preface; Introduction; Part 1 The prewar empire (1910-14); Part 2 The First World War and its aftermath (1914-21); Part 3 The interwar empire/Commonwealth (1921-39); Part 4 The Second World War and its aftermath (1939-49); Part 5 The era of decolonization (1949-65); Part 6 The modern Commonwealth (1965-2010); Index of articles; Notes on authors; The Round Table: a selected bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- May, Alex (Alex Charles)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|