Transmedia television : audiences, new media and daily life / Elizabeth Evans.
- New York : Routledge, 2011.
- Routledge advances in television studies ; 2.
Routledge advances in television studies ; 2
1 online resource (221 p.)
- Digital television -- Social aspects.
Television broadcasting -- Technological innovations.
Interactive television -- Social aspects.
- Electronic books.
- The early years of the twenty-first century have seen dramatic changes within the television industry. The development of the internet and mobile phone as platforms for content directly linked to television programming has offered a challenge to the television set's status as the sole domestic access point to audio-visual dramatic content. Viewers can engage with 'television' without ever turning a television set on.Whilst there has already been some exploration of these changes, little attention has been paid to the audience and the extent to which these technologies are being integ
Understanding transmediality. Transmedia texts : defining transmedia storytelling
The transmedia industry : distribution and engagement
Transmedia audiences : the consequences of emergence
Audiences for emergent transmedia drama. Spooks internet and digital gaming : immersion and agency
24 : Conspiracy and the mobile phone: immersion and immediacy
Downloading television : agency, immediacy and the transmedia audience
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203819104 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|