Sensory marketing : research on the sensuality of products / edited by Aradhna Krishna.
- Other records:
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
1 online resource (427 p.)
- Marketing -- Psychological aspects.
New products -- Psychological aspects.
Senses and sensation.
- Electronic books.
- "What is sensory marketing and why is it interesting and also important? Krishna defines it as 'marketing that engages the consumers senses and affects their behaviors.' In this edited book, the authors discuss how sensory aspects of products, i.e., the touch, taste, smell, sound, and look of the products, affect our emotions, memories, perceptions, preferences, choices, and consumption of these products. We see how creating new sensations or merely emphasizing or bringing attention to existing sensations can increase a product s or service s appeal. The book provides an overview of sensory marketing research that has taken place thus far. It should facilitate sensory marketing by practitioners and also can be used for research or in academic classrooms."--BOOK JACKET.
- An introduction to sensory marketing
Does touch matter? Insights from Haptic research in marketing / Joann Peck
Touch : a gentle tutorial with implications for marketing / Roberta L. Klatzky
Understanding the role of incidental touch in consumer behavior / Andrea C. Morales
Informational and affective influences of Haptics on product evaluation : is what I say how I feel? / Terry L. Childers and Joann Peck
Scent marketing : an overview / Maureen Morrin
The emotional, cognitive, and biological basics of olfaction : implications and considerations for scent marketing / Rachel S. Herz
Do scents evoke the same feelings across cultures? Exploring the role of emotions / May O. Lwin and Mindawati Wijaya
The impact of scent and music on consumer perceptions of time duration / Maureen Morrin, Jean-Charles Chebat, and Claire Gelinas-Chebat
The sounds of the marketplace : the role of audition in marketing / Joan Meyers-Levy, Melissa G. Bublitz, and Laura A. Peracchio
Auxiliary auditory ambitions : assessing ancillary and ambient sounds / Eric Yorkston
Understanding the role of spokesperson voice in broadcast advertising / Darren W. Dahl
Hear is the thing : auditory processing of novel nonword brand names / Marina Carnevale, Dawn Lerman, and David Luna
Visual perception : an overview / Priya Raghubir
Differences and similarities in hue preferences between Chinese and Caucasians / Amitaba Chattopadhyay, Gerald J. Gorn, and Peter Darke
Does everything look worse in black and white? The role of monochrome images in consumer behavior / Eric A. Greenleaf
Effects on visual weight perceptions of product image locations on packaging / Barbara E. Kahn and Xiaoyan Deng
The gist of gustation : an exploration of taste, food, and consumption / Aradhna Krishna and Ryan S. Elder
Psychology and sensory marketing, with a focus on food / Paul Rozin and Julia M. Hormes
Estimating food quantity : biases and remedies / Pierre Chandon
Do size labels have a common meaning among consumers? / Nilufer Z. Aydinoglu, Aradhna Krishna, and Brian Wansink
A sense of things to come : future research directions in sensory marketing / Ryan S. Elder ... [et al.].
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Krishna, Aradhna.
- Publisher Number:
- 10.4324/9780203892060 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|