The Third World in Soviet military thought [electronic resource] / Mark N. Katz.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2011.
1 online resource (191 p.)
- Sociology, Military -- Soviet Union.
Developing countries -- Military relations -- Soviet Union.
Soviet Union -- Military policy.
Soviet Union -- Military relations -- Developing countries.
- Electronic books.
- First published in 1982, this study traces the development of Soviet military thinking on the Third World and assesses its importance for the conduct of Soviet foreign policy. Changes in Soviet military thought often reflect changes in Soviet attitudes towards and expectations from involvement in Third World conflicts. This work from Dr. Katz meditates upon the changing role of the USSR in post-war Third World conflicts, with particular emphasis upon the Brezhnev era and the way in which US setbacks in the Third World impacted upon Soviet foreign policy and changing attitudes to the Third W
- THE THIRD WORLD IN SOVIET MILITARY THOUGHT; Copyright; The Third World in Soviet Military Thought; Copyright; CONTENTS; Acknowledgements; Introduction; 1. Prelude to the Brezhnev Era; 2. The Early Brezhnev Years: 1964-1968; 3. The Middle Brezhnev Years: 1969-1975; 4. The Late Brezhnev Years: 1976-1981; 5. Conclusion: The Evolution of Soviet Military Thinking about Conflict in the Third World; Epilogue: Implications for America and its Allies; Bibliography; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|