Planning African development [electronic resource] / edited by Glen Norcliffe and Tom Pinfold.
- Abingdon, Oxon : Routledge, 2011.
- Routledge library editions: development ; 76
1 online resource (205 p.)
- Rural development -- Kenya.
Kenya -- Economic policy.
Africa -- Economic policy.
- Electronic books.
- First published in 1981, this book concerns specifically the Kenyan experience with regards to development planning but, given that the problems of hunger poverty and underdevelopment manifest themselves in slightly different forms across all African countries, this book has considerable relevance to development planning across the African continent.The first set of essays in this collection address the question of development which is undoubtedly Africa's highest development priority. The second grouping of essays considers issues in project planning and asks questions concerning cost, met
- PLANNING AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT; Copyright; Planning African Development; Copyright; CONTENTS; Acknowledgements; Preface; Introduction; 1. Raising Nutritional Levels and Rural Development in Kenya; 2. Land-use Competition at the Margins of the Rangelands: An Issue in Development Strategies for Semi-arid Areas; 3. The Rural Nonfarm Sector and the Development Process in Kenya; 4. Towards a Locational Policy for Manufacturing Industry in Kenya; 5. Coordinating Operating and Investment Expenditures: The Need for Balance in Planning and Budgeting
6. Intra-programme Resource Allocation: The Case of Hospitals in Kenya7. Accounting Prices for Project Appraisal in Kenya; 8. Planning and Evaluation of Rural Electrification in Kenya; Maps; Notes on Contributors; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Norcliffe, G. B.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|