A disturbance in the field [electronic resource] : essays in transference-countertransference engagement / Steven H. Cooper.
- New York : Routledge, 2010.
- Relational perspectives book series ; v. 46.
Relational perspectives book series ; v. 46
1 online resource (250 p.)
- Transference (Psychology).
- Electronic books.
- The field, as Steven Cooper describes it, is comprised of the inextricably related worlds of internalized object relations and interpersonal interaction. Furthermore, the analytic dyad is neither static nor smooth sailing. Eventually, the rigorous work of psychoanalysis will offer a fraught opportunity to work through the most disturbing elements of a patient's inner life as expressed and experienced by the analyst - indeed, a disturbance in the field. How best to proceed when such tricky yet altogether common therapeutic situations arise, and what aspects of transference/countertransferenc
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1 Introduction: The romance and melancholia of loving psychoanalysis; Chapter 2 The grandiosity of self-loathing: Transference-countertransference dimensions; Chapter 3 Privacy, reverie, and the analyst's ethical imagination; Chapter 4 The analyst's experience of being a transference object: An elusive form of countertransference to the psychoanalytic method?; Chapter 5 The analyst's anticipatory fantasies: Aid and obstacle to the patient's self-integration; Chapter 6 Psychoanalytic process: Clinical and political dimensions
Chapter 7 Good enough vulnerability, victimization, and responsibility: Why one-and two-person models need one anotherChapter 8 The new bad object and the therapeutic action of psychoanalysis; Chapter 9 Franz Alexander's corrective emotional experience reconsidered; Chapter 10 Working through and working within: The continuity of enactment in the termination process; References; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|