Transforming health care [electronic resource] : Virginia Mason Medical Center's pursuit of the perfect patient experience / Charles Kenney.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 2011.
1 online resource (240 p.)
- Virginia Mason Medical Center.
Health services administration -- United States.
Health facilities -- Administration -- Standards -- United States.
Medical care -- United States.
- Electronic books.
- For decades, the manufacturing industry has employed the Toyota Production System - the most powerful production method in the world - to reduce waste, improve quality, reduce defects and increase worker productivity. In 2001, Virginia Mason Medical Center, an integrated healthcare delivery system in Seattle, Washington set out to achieve its compelling vision to become The Quality Leader and to fulfill that vision, adopted the Toyota Production System as its management method.Winner of the Shingo Research and Professional Publication Award!
- Front cover; Contents; Foreword; Note About This Book; Preface: A Surprising Visit; Chapter One. A New Idea; Chapter Two. Journey to Japan; Chapter Three. The Blue Yarn; Chapter Four. Safety Crusade; Chapter Five. Ambulatory Care Breakthrough; Chapter Six. Transforming Procedural Care; Chapter Seven. Transforming Inpatient Care; Chapter Eight. Better, Faster, More Affordable; Chapter Nine. Management Method; Chapter Ten. The Journey Continues; Source Notes; Glossary; Appendix; Acknowledgments; About the Author; Back cover
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|