Socialism in a cold climate [electronic resource] / Tony Atkinson ... [et al.] ; John Griffith (editor).
- London ; Boston : Unwin Paperbacks, 1983.
1 online resource (155 p.)
- Socialism -- Great Britain.
Great Britain -- Economic policy -- 1964-1979.
Great Britain -- Economic policy -- 1979-1997.
Great Britain -- Social policy -- 1979-.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1964-1979.
Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1979-1997.
Labour Party (Great Britain).
- Electronic books.
- First published in 1983, this important and stimulating book is a thoughtful contribution to the debate about the first steps that needed to be taken to build a socialist society in the 1980s. It covers topics as diverse as concepts of equality and fairness, sexual discrimination, economic policy, health and urban policy, pensions, poverty and the economics of the welfare state, defence and internationalism.
- Book Cover; Title; Copyright; Contents; 1 Introduction; 2 A New Start for Labour; 3 The Commitment to Equality; 4 Economic Alternatives for Labour, 1984-9; 5 Privatisation and the Social Services; 6 Income Maintenance; 7 Conceptualising Equality for Women; 8 Industrial Relations; 9 A Politics of Location; 10 Race and Immigration; 11 Nationalism and Internationalism: A Critique of Economic and Defence Policies; 12 Provision and Choice in Housing; Index
- Description based upon print version of record.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Atkinson, A. B. (Anthony Barnes), 1944-
Griffith, J. A. G. (John Aneurin Grey)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|